Thursday 8 March 2012

Immortal Beloved - Cate Tiernan






Book Title: Immortal Beloved
Author: Cate Tiernan
Series:  The first book in the Immortal Beloved Trilogy
Publisher: Hodder Paperback
Published: September 2011



I give this book a Four out of Five which means this book is a new favourite of mine. I’m very happy I chose this book at my school library because as we’re only allowed 3 books out at the library; I struggled to select my 3 books out of all the ones I wanted which were about 10 or 11, I’m very glad I chose this book in the end.  I literally couldn’t put it down that’s how much I loved it. I loved all the characters (well… some of them anyway), I loved the book cover and title; I loved the blurb and also the author… I treasured every word of Immortal Beloved.

 Immortal Beloved consists of darkness, romance, magic and immortality and the book cover and title itself gives us an idea about what the book is vaguely about. This book was tagged Para normalcy but doesn’t contain vampires, werewolves or angels which I found was original and a good change from the usual. I thought though the Immortal Beloved was intended for older teenage fiction I think even adults would relish reading Immortal Beloved.

The main character which is Nastasya (Cool name or what?!) had me hooked me with her feisty personality and her determination to turn over a new leaf blew me away. The dialog was simple and easy to believe, the characters were very believable and intriguing and I thought the characters were what made the plot come together and become more realistic. Immortal Beloved was well written and the blurb on the back of the book was a magnet for me because it was so mysterious and full of darkness that you were just itching to know more but the blurb didn’t give anything away. I think it was like a little sign screaming “READ THE BOOK AND YOU SHALL FIND OUT MORE” which I think was another reason I read Immortal Beloved.

I’ve become a big fan of Cate Tiernan in the past few years because of Balefire and I was very impressed with the Sweep series but I have to admit that Immortal Beloved has to be my best book from Cate Tiernan and I think she has started an enthralling and enchanting trilogy.  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't read this one but it sounds like something I would definitely enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Im a new follower of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one I think but I didn't know anything about it. Great review. Glad you put it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! I love when a summary pulls me in like that.

    ReplyDelete